Ever need a little snack to get you ready for a big workout or something to hold off that sweet tooth? Well I have just the thing for you! You have to try my Power balls recipe!
I used to eat granola bars all the time, but then I realized how much added sugar and non-essential ingredients they contained. Once I decided to cut back on all of the processed energy bars, I needed a healthy and delicious substitute. Something I could eat in between training clients and something my stomach could handle before a run. After researching multiple recipes, this one is by far my favorite! I can pop these in my mouth and then 30 minutes later go for a run with no stomach issues! AND they’re delicious! Winner winner!
The recipe is super simple and easy to make. Most of the ingredients you already have in your cabinet! Go home and make them ASAP! You won’t regret it !
Things you’ll need:
- 1 cup dry old fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium to large size bowl until mixed together. Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Once they’re chilled, roll them into 1″ diameter balls.. mine tend to be slightly larger than 1″ haha. Store in a tupperware or other airtight container and eat them throughout the week!
- Recipe should make 20-ish balls.