No matter what, pizza never gets old! It always sounds good. Cold, hot, deep dish, or thin crust. I love it all! The problem is..if you’re trying to “eat clean” pizza is considered a “dirty food”… :(. For all of those pizza lovers out there, give this clean eating friendly pizza a try!
Sweet Potato Crusted Pizza
- 14oz or 400g sweet potatoes, boiled
- 2 egg whites
- 4 TBS almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 TBS tomato paste
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 6oz grilled chicken, chopped
- 6 TBS low-fat cottage cheese
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Blend sweet potatoes, egg whites, almond flour, baking powder, and salt and peper together with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Half the mixture and spread it out to make 2 servings of crust. Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes.
- Tomato Sauce:
- Mix together tomato paste, garlic, and olive oil to make tomato sauce. Spoon the tomato sauce on top of the sweet potato crust.
- Mix the cottage cheese with a hand blender until smooth.
- Prepare all toppings you would like to add to the top of your pizza. Start with the cottage cheese in small lumps and finish by sprinkling the parmesan over the top.
- back in the oven for about 15-20 minutes longer until crust begins to blacken at the edges.
Heads up.. I had to eat mine with a fork because the crust wasn’t quite firm enough, but it was still delicious!! Feel free to add any veggies to the top that you like! I was running low on produce so I stuck with minimal toppings.
I hope you enjoy the new recipe!